Thursday 27 October 2016

The Importance of Photography

A) Which TED Talk did you find most interesting? Any explain why you found it interesting.
 I found the ocean photography TEDtalk the most interesting. The reason it was my favourite was because of how gorgeous the photos were. I love underwater photography, and the way they turn out. Photos taken underwater always have such captivating aspects to them, and they are much different than regular photography. I wish to get a chance to bring an underwater camera out somewhere with me and take photos just like the ones seen in the video. Overall, this is the video that really caught my eye.

B) How did you relate to the speaker's experience? (It could be the way they think, the reason they love photography, their experiences remind you of your own)
The very first line the speaker said in the video was, "As a kid I used to dream about the ocean." I can relate to this 100%. When I was younger, around the age of nine or ten, I went to MarineLand and after that trip, I decided that all I wanted to be when I was older was a marine biologist. I wasn't the biggest fan of many animals but I was in love with whales and dolphins. The speaker had mentioned that he enjoyed underwater photography because it gave such a "wow" factor. I agree with him, photos of marine animals turn out really beautiful because they give us a pop of colour and contrast.

C) c. List all the ways you use photography, the ways you use photography as a photographer taking pictures and as a viewer viewing photographs. List them in chart format:

 Photographer
 Viewer
- Portraits: (photos of my friends and family)
- Selfies
- The sky
- Books/Book shelves
- Food
- Statues
 - Artwork
 - Groups of friends
 - Sunsets/Sunrises
 - Buildings
 - Celebrities (paparazzi photos)
 - Advertisements
 - Plants
 - Billboards
 - Sculptures
 - Artwork

D) Describe why photography is important to you and why you take pictures or view photographs.
I will admit, I'm one of those people who enjoy taking pictures for the sake of their Instagram feed, but that's not the whole reason why I love photography. I like taking photos to capture the moment so I can look back on them in years ahead. I also love sharing photos I take on social media because I like seeing other people's pictures online, and I figure they might want to see mine. Believe it or not, photography is an important part of my life. I take photos everyday, whether it's a selfie, a picture of the sky or my bookshelf, I take at least one picture a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment