Wednesday 7 September 2016

Log Blog Assignment - Entry 2

Magazine Covers




Question #1- What topic did you chose to explore? 
I have chosen to explore the topic of magazine covers. 

Question #2 - Why did you chose this topic, was it a previous interest or would you like to learn more about it?
I was always very interested in magazines when I was younger. I'd get excited about how colorful the covers were and I'd especially like it when I saw a celebrity I loved on them.I feel like magazines are very eye-catching.

Question #3 - Give 3 examples of where you find this type of media in your everyday life.  
Well I see magazine covers obviously on magazines, but they are also found on social media when they're posted as pictures. I see them in apps and even giant billboards as well.

Question #4 - Using your chosen visual aid to answer, what purpose does this media serve and who is the target audience?
The girl on this magazine cover is actually a dancer from one of my favourite TV shows, "Dance Moms." With that said, this particular magazine is aimed towards fans of that TV show, and seeing as the cover is very girly, its aimed for basically any young teenage girl. 


Question #5 - Why did you chose the specific visual aid and how does it best represent you chosen topic?   
I don't normally purchase magazines for my own pleasure but I actually bought the one I chose as my visual. It was something I felt I had to get because I saw the girl on the cover and freaked out. This magazine was a good example for something I personally thought was very interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment